Какой Ваш уровень? Узнайте с помощью теста.
PLACEMENT TEST (REWARD - Macmillan Publishers Ltd, 2003)
Тест предназначен для определения вашего уровня владения английским языком. В тесте 2 части: в первой части
(грамматика) 80 заданий, во второй части (словарный запас) 40 заданий. В обеих частях задания расположены в
порядке возрастания сложности. В каждом задании выберите ответ, который вы считаете правильным, и
проверьте свои ответы по ключам, которые вы найдёте в конце теста. Каждый правильный ответ равен одному
баллу. Суммируйте набранные вами баллы и определите ваш примерный уровень по следующей таблице:
• По шкале CEF
Скорее всего, вы можете:
• менее 30 баллов
Понимать известные слова и очень простые предложения, если говорят отчетливо и медленно. Понимать
отдельные известные слова и очень простые предложения, напр. на вывесках, плакатах и в каталогах. Говорить
простыми предложениями, на простом уровне выражать свои мысли. Написать короткую почтовую открытку
или поздравление и т. д.
• 31 – 60 баллов
Понимать очень простую информацию. Понимать самое главное в кратких, ясных и простых сообщениях.
В простых текстах (проспектах, меню, расписании движения транспорта) находить нужную информацию и
понимать письма личной переписки. Выражать свои мысли в простых ситуациях. При помощи нескольких
предложений описать вашу личную и профессиональную жизнь. Писать простые короткие заметки или
сообщения. Написать простое письмо личной переписки.
• 61 – 90 баллов
Понимать главную информацию, если речь идет о работе, школе, свободном времяпровождении. Понимать
передачи, если говорят отчетливо. Понимать тексты бытовой и профессиональной сферы. Понимать письма,
в которых речь идет о событиях и желаниях. Участвовать в разговорах о семье, хобби, работе, путешествиях
или актуальных событиях. Писать простые тексты об известных событиях. В личной переписке сообщать о
своих впечатлениях, переживаниях.
• более 90 баллов
• Upper Intermediate
Следить за ходом мыслей в длинных речах и докладах, понимать программы новостей, репортажи и
художественные фильмы. Читать статьи и сообщения и понимать позицию автора. Понимать современные
литературные произведения. Выражать свои мысли и участвовать в разговорах и дискуссиях с носителями
языка. В сообщениях передавать информацию и формулировать аргументы.
Время, отведенное на тест: 60 минут.
ЧАСТЬ 1. Грамматика.
01. “Hello Sara, ______?” – “I'm very well, thank you.”
a) How do you b) How are you c) How you are d) How is it
02. “What's ______ name?” – “Jane Edwards.”
a) you b) your c) yours d) you're
03. “How old are you?” – “______.”
a) I twenty b) Me is twenty c) I've twenty d) I'm twenty
04. “Is this your book?” – “______.”
a) No, it isn't b) No, isn't it c) No, he isn't d) No, there isn't
05. “Where is Anna from?” – “______ from Rome.”
a) It is b) Her is c) He is d) She is
06. “______ is your address?” – “12, Sundown Street, Bristol.”
a) How b) Who c) What d) That
07. ______ name is John Smith.
a) His b) He's c) He d) Her
08. Sam ______ a doctor, he's a teacher at the university.
a) aren't b) isn't c) not d) doesn't
09. Here are Juan and Mercedes. ______ are from Valencia in Spain.
a) They b) Their c) Them d) This
10. “Have you got a computer?” – “Yes, ______.”
a) I got b) I've got c) I've d) I have
11. ______ two hundred students in my school.
a) They are b) It is c) There are d) There is
12. “Do you live in Munich?” – “Yes, ______.”
a) I live b) I don't c) I do live d) I do
13. “Is that ______ car?” – “No, it isn't.”
a) they b) their c) there d) they're
14. “______ is this blue bag?” – “It's £5.50.”
a) Where b) How big c) How much d) What
15. “What's her job?” – “She's ______.”
a) a actress b) actress c) the actress d) an actress
16. “______ your car?” – “It's in the car park.”
a) Which is b) Who's c) When's d) Where's
17. “______ bag is this?” – “It's mine.”
a) Whose b) What's c) Who's d) Who
18. ______ only three chairs in my room.
a) They are b) There are c) There is d) It is
19. She ______ a house in the town centre.
a) got b) have got c) has got d) is got
20. “______ brothers have you got?” – “Only one.”
a) How much b) How old c) How are d) How many
21. “Is there any food left?” – “______.”
a) No, there isn't b) Yes, there is any c) Yes, they is d) No, there aren't
22. My favourite painters are Monet and Renoir but John doesn't like ______ at all.
a) they b) them c) it d) some
23. There aren't ______ people here today.
a) many b) a lot c) much d) the many
24. We haven't got ______.
a) some children b) any children c) a children d) one children
25. “Do you speak Japanese?” – “No, I ______.”
a) don't speak b) not c) speak not d) don't
26. “What does he do?” – “______.”
a) He's teacher b) He's a teacher c) He's teaching d) Yes, he does
27. He ______ in an office every morning from eight to twelve.
a) working b) works c) work d) am working
28. “Do you like ______?” – “Yes, I do.”
a) to shop b) shop c) to shopping d) shopping
29. I go ______ school in Vienna.
a) at b) to c) in d) on
30. We have lunch ______ one o'clock.
a) at b) to c) in d) on
31. She works ______ Saturday.
a) at b) to c) in d) on
32. I stay at home ______ the morning.
a) at b) to c) in d) on
33. “How do you get to work?” – “______.”
a) By car b) In car c) By the car d) On car
34. “Do you like classical music?” – “______.”
a) Yes, I likes b) Yes, I like c) Yes, I does d) Yes, I do
35. “Where is Mary?” – “She ______ over there.”
a) is stand b) is standing c) stand d) standing
36. I'm hungry. ______ something to eat, please.
a) I like b) I'd want c) I'd like d) I'm like
37. He ______ born in 1963 in Spain.
a) had b) is c) was d) did
38. Switzerland is ______ than Britain.
a) as small b) smallest c) more small d) smaller
39. Motor racing is the ______ sport in the world.
a) most expensive b) expensivest c) more expensive d) as expensive
40. He passed his English exam very ______.
a) easy b) easier c) good d) easily
41. “When ______ you go to the USA?” – “Last year.”
a) did b) was c) went d) have
42. “Did she stay with friends?” – “______.”
a) No, she didn't b) No, she didn't stay c) No, she stayed not d) No, she didn't stayed
43. She's never ______ to New York.
a) gone b) was c) been d) went
44. “I haven't got any money.” – “Never mind. ______ some from the bank.”
a) I'll get b) I'm getting c) I get d) I'd get
45. ______ you ever visited London?
a) Did b) Do c) Were d) Have
46. He's learning ______ a lorry.
a) to drive b) driving c) drive d) the driving
47. I can't stand ______ in hot weather.
a) to walk b) walking c) walk d) to walking
48. He smokes more than ten cigarettes ______.
a) by day b) the day c) in day d) a day
49. Let's go somewhere else. There's ______ noise in this room.
a) too many b) too much c) enough d) too
50. It's a very long day for Jack. He doesn't get home from school ______ six o'clock.
a) since b) to c) towards d) until
51. They usually ______ at home but today they ______ lunch in a restaurant.
a) are eating, have b) eat, have c) eat, are having d) are eating, are having
52. We didn't stay late ______ we were very tired.
a) because b) so c) that d) until
53. I think most people ______ English for their jobs in the future.
a) need b) are needing c) will need d) will have needed
54. Teenagers today like wearing casual clothes so leather shoes aren't ______ trainers.
a) as fashionable than b) as fashionable as c) more fashionable as d) fashionable
55. A friend of ______ phoned this morning but ______ didn't leave a message.
a) you, she b) you, her c) yours, she d) yourself, hers
56. We ______ lunch when the phone ______.
a) had, rang b) were having, rang c) were having, was ringing d) had, has rung
57. You ______ open the door before the train gets into the station. It's very dangerous.
a) must b) mustn't c) should d) don't have to
58. If you don't want to burn yourself, you ______ lie in the sun all day.
a) won't b) don't c) shouldn't d) couldn't
59. If I have enough money next year, I ______ to the USA.
a) will go b) go c) would go d) went
60. It's usually quite warm in September ______ it often rains, ______ bring a waterproof.
a) but, so b) so, because c) unless, but d) for, as
61. ______ she likes coffee, she prefers tea.
a) However b) Although c) But d) When
62. ______ for the bus, a man with a gun ran out of the bank opposite us.
a) As we were waiting b) When we waited c) As soon as we waited d) Until we waited
63. It's the best film ______. You should go and see it.
a) I ever saw b) I've ever seen c) I've never seen d) I've already seen
64. They went to Australia ______ a month ______ summer.
a) during, the b) for, during c) for, last d) last, during
65. I don't think life ______ better in the future.
a) won't be b) will be c) be d) is
66. I haven't heard from Jane for ages. I wonder ______.
a) what she like b) how is she c) how she is d) how does she
67. We're not paying a builder to mend the fireplace. We've decided to do it ______.
a) us b) ourselves c) ourself d) our own
68. I always take an umbrella ______ it rains.
a) however b) despite c) in case d) as
69. We ______ go out to a restaurant during the week because when we get home from work we're too tired.
a) nearly never b) hardly never c) hardly ever d) ever
70. That sofa ______ comfortable. Can I try it?
a) looks b) looks like c) is like d) like
71. I ______ be late for work this morning. I've got a lot to do before midday.
a) don't have to b) couldn't c) don't d) mustn't
72. They've lived in that house ______ they were children.
a) for b) during c) since d) until
73. A lot ______ to the house before we can move in.
a) needs be doing b) needs done c) needs doing d) needs to do
74. I'll get an electrician ______ the heating.
a) mend b) to mend c) for mending d) mending
75. You ______ come with us if you don't want to.
a) must b) haven't to c) aren't supposed to d) don't have to
76. When he arrived a crowd ______ for several hours to greet him.
a) had been waiting b) is waiting c) has been waiting d) was waiting
77. She's just bought a brand new car so she ______ be able to drive.
a) can't b) must c) won't d) probably
78. You ______ show your passport at the frontier if you want to get across.
a) have to b) are supposed to c) should d) are allowed to
79. ______ she was an hour late, she didn't apologise.
a) In spite of b) Even though c) However d) Because
80. They don't like him at all. He treats them ______ they were children.
a) as if b) if only c) in case d) although
ЧАСТЬ 2. Словарный запас.
01. six, seven, ______, nine, ten
a) three b) twelve c) eight d) five
02. “What's your ______?” – “I'm American.”
a) name b) nationality c) country d) home
03. “What ______ is it?” – “It's half past two.”
a) time b) hour c) day d) old
04. Sunday, Monday, ______, Wednesday
a) Saturday b) Thursday c) Tuesday d) Friday
05. March, ______, May, June, July
a) April b) January c) August d) November
06. He's got a ______ and two sisters.
a) father b) brother c) family d) friend
07. My favourite ______ is dinner.
a) lunch b) drink c) food d) meal
08. We've got two ______: a son and a daughter.
a) parents b) people c) children d) friends
09. I'd like a ______ of coffee, please.
a) cup b) glass c) plate d) bottle
10. He's ______ the newspaper.
a) reading b) watching c) listening d) seeing
11. September is my favourite ______.
a) year b) autumn c) month d) season
12. “How old is your ______?” – “She's thirteen.”
a) brother b) son c) boyfriend d) sister
13. I always have a big ______ in the morning.
a) lunch b) breakfast c) dinner d) supper
14. Those are very nice ______. Where did you buy them?
a) shirt b) dress c) trousers d) handbag
15. “What does he look like?” – “He's quite tall and he's got short, dark ______.”
a) glasses b) eyes c) head d) hair
16. “Where can I buy some envelopes?” – “At the ______.”
a) baker's b) newsagent's c) library d) grocer's
17. “What was the ______ like in Vienna?” – “It was cold and cloudy.”
a) time b) weather c) cold d) temperature
18. I've got a new dishwasher and a fridge in my ______.
a) bathroom b) study c) office d) kitchen
19. It's very ______ in here. I can't hear anything.
a) noisy b) quiet c) exciting d) clean
20. Excuse me, waiter. Can you bring me the ______, please?
a) note b) money c) bill d) cheque
21. She's ______ a blue coat and a grey scarf.
a) looking b) seeing c) wearing d) putting
22. I'm too ______ today. I'll phone you back tomorrow.
a) crowded b) interested c) polite d) busy
23. Take your umbrella. It's raining ______.
a) heavily b) strong c) hardly d) much
24. He's started a new job. It's more interesting and he ______ more money.
a) wins b) earns c) spends d) costs
25. I'm sorry but I don't understand what you ______. Can you explain it again, please?
a) tell b) know c) mean d) talk
26. If you don't leave now, you'll ______ the bus and there isn't another one today.
a) catch b) save c) miss d) take
27. “Can I ______ your dictionary, please?” – “Yes, of course. But I'd like it back for the weekend.”
a) lend b) borrow c) give d) keep
28. He lets his wife do everything for him. He's very ______.
a) careful b) bored c) quiet d) lazy
29. I'm ______ living at home but my girlfriend and I are getting married next month so we've bought a flat.
a) always b) yet c) again d) still
30. Don't ______! It's not funny.
a) cry b) shout c) laugh d) grow
31. I'm afraid we have had to ______ the flight because of bad weather conditions.
a) stop b) cancel c) take off d) confirm
32. There was a terrible ______ on the A2 motorway this morning. Five vehicles were involved.
a) scratch b) incident c) crash d) damage
33. The religious wedding ______ takes place in a church.
a) performance b) marriage c) ceremony d) engagement
34. I wish they wouldn't ______ so much time with unnecessary meetings.
a) waste b) lose c) take d) put away
35. I was very ______ and depressed when I first went to live abroad.
a) lonely b) alone c) on my own d) solitary
36. I'm really ______ to the party. All my old friends will be there.
a) appreciating b) thinking about c) enjoying d) looking forward
37. The hotel was so awful that we wrote a letter of ______ to the agency when we got back home.
a) thanks b) complaint c) relief d) warning
38. You can't ______ on him at all. He never does what he says.
a) tolerate b) rely c) collaborate d) arrange
39. It's much too expensive. We can't possibly ______ it.
a) pay b) cost c) afford d) cope
40. I think he's a good live performer, and his songs are excellent. ______ you can't hear the words because the music is too loud.
a) The trouble is b) In fact c) On the whole d) What's more
ЧАСТЬ 1. Грамматика.
01. b 21. a 41. a 61. b
02. b 22. b 42. a 62. a
03. d 23. a 43. c 63. b
04. a 24. b 44. a 64. c
05. d 25. d 45. d 65. b
06. c 26. b 46. a 66. c
07. a 27. b 47. b 67. b
08. b 28. d 48. d 68. c
09. a 29. b 49. b 69. c
10. d 30. a 50. d 70. a
11. c 31. d 51. c 71. d
12. d 32. c 52. a 72. c
13. b 33. a 53. c 73. c
14. c 34. d 54. b 74. b
15. d 35. b 55. c 75. d
16. d 36. c 56. b 76. a
17. a 37. c 57. b 77. b
18. b 38. d 58. c 78. a
19. c 39. a 59. a 79. b
20. d 40. d 60. a 80. a
ЧАСТЬ 2. Словарный запас.
01. c 21. c
02. b 22. d
03. a 23. a
04. c 24. b
05. a 25. c
06. b 26. c
07. d 27. b
08. c 28. d
09. a 29. d
10. a 30. c
11. c 31. b
12. d 32. c
13. b 33. c
14. c 34. a
15. d 35. a
16. b 36. d
17. b 37. b
18. d 38. b
19. b 39. c
20. c 40. a