7 Ways to be Successful
Many people want to be successful in life, but it's easier said than done. There are so many distractions in life that it can be challenging to accomplish our goals. By keeping the following advice in mind, however, you can dramatically increase your chances of becoming successful in whatever you choose to pursue.
1. Imagine yourself being successful. Einstein said that the imagination is more important than knowledge. The more vividly and accurately you imagine your success, the easier it will be to be successful.
2. Surround yourself with other people who are successful. When you're surrounded with people who are highly-driven, it's encouraging.
3. Stay away from distractions. There are so many distractions in this world that you really don't need. Whenever you are doing something which is not useful or productive, imagine yourself as a loser with shattered dreams and push yourself away.
4. Set a time for when you want to achieve your goal. If you don't know when you will achieve your dream then you will never know when you will achieve it
5. Take risks. Step out of your comfort zone. Successful people think big and act big. It can be a scary thing to do, but if you don't, then will you ever be successful? Successful people make big investments (in their careers, in their businesses, in their education) and all investments involve risk. But don't be reckless. Study your risks, make sure the odds are in your favor, then take a leap.
6. Be persistent. Don't give up. If your first attempt didn't work, don't quit. Always keep in mind the following sentence: "If you don't give up, you cannot fail".
7. Remove fear and doubt from your way of thinking, and focus on keeping positive in every situation. You will be more effective if you keep a positive mind and stay focused on your goal. Remember, you can be your own best friend or your own worst enemy.
Vocabulary (найдите соответствие)
1. Distraction A. to try to achieve something over a long period of time
2. Pursue B. to completely destroy someone's hopes, beliefs, or confidence
3. Vivid C. when you spend a large amount of time, energy, emotion on something
4. Highly-driven D. not caring or worrying about the bad or dangerous results
5. Loser E. trying to do something, especially something difficult
6. Shattered F. someone who is never successful in life, work, or relationships
7. Comfort Zone G. something that stops you paying attention to what you are doing
8. Investment H. to give special attention to one particular person or thing
9. Reckless I. to have a lot of motivation
10. Take a leap J. very clear, seeming real
11. Attempt K. go for something, take a chance
12. Focus L. the range of activities or situations that you feel happy and confident in
Free Discussion - Discuss these questions with your partner.
1. What is your biggest success in life? What small successes do you have every day?
2. Would you sacrifice happiness, love, or family for the opportunity to be successful?Why/Why not?
3. Who do you think are the three(3) most successful people in history? Why do you consider them the most successful?
4. What would you do with 5 Million dollars?